By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Company and meet all of the eligibility requirements in these terms. The Services are intended only for individuals who are at least 13 years old and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent.
- CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of information from you while using our Services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes:
- Personal information you voluntarily provide: This includes a username and password, contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, telephone number) and financial account information. We may also collect payment card information, social security numbers, and driver’s license numbers (or comparable) that you provide where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes such as user authentication. We also receive information you may provide through the Services (e.g., feedback, inquiries, etc.) and communications between you and us, such as emails or messages regarding the Services.
- Transactional information associated with banking and other financial services we provide to you: This includes information relating to account management, deposits, withdrawals and other financing and lending activities.
- Information received from third parties: We may receive personal information about you from additional online and offline sources and third parties (e.g., credit reporting agencies) to supplement the information we receive from you.
- Mobile Activity: When you use our mobile application or otherwise use a mobile device to connect to our Services, we may collect a unique device identifier or other device information to provide the Services and/or functionality. Certain Services may require your mobile phone number, which we may associate with your account and device. We may also collect, use and store information about your location (e.g., GPS and cell tower information). Your personal information and mobile device information (e.g., location and device identifier) may be used for security and user authentication purposes.
All of the above information is collectively referred to as “Customer Banking Activities.”
If you are a job applicant submitting personal information to us in connection with an application for employment, you will be provided with a privacy notice regarding how we handle such information as part of the application process.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information and other information referenced above for the following purposes:
- Process account applications and transactions, and facilitate other account activities;
- Verify your identity (such as when you access account information or conduct transactions) and enhance our online security measures and prevent fraud;
- Help you efficiently access and manage your information and preferences;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Operate and improve our business and operations, including internal administration, auditing and troubleshooting for our Services;
- Provide personalized content and information, which could include customized services for you, or offers of various products or services that you may be interested in;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services, diagnose and fix technology issues, and develop and test new products and features.
We may also use information we collect as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our company policies;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, operations, security and/or that of our affiliates, business partners, you or others; and
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may aggregate data we collect on an anonymous basis that does not identify you for any purpose otherwise allowed by applicable law, such as for research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and advertising, as well as improvement of our Services.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- Our legal affiliates;
- Our third-party service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, professional, or insurance function for us (e.g., IT services, maintenance and hosting of our website, payment processors), but we only provide information so these individuals or entities can perform their required functions on our behalf;
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of Company’s businesses;
- Consumer reporting agencies;
- To comply with legal requirements, including, but not limited to, regulatory, court, and law enforcement demands (e.g., subpoenas, court orders, etc.);
- To address fraud, security or technical issues; and
- To respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our company, customers or third parties.
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us in response to our Consumer Privacy Notice and applicable law.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be fully secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (e.g., your Social Security number) to us.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Information we collect from or about individuals in connection with any Customer Banking Activities is treated in accordance with applicable federal and state privacy laws including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). We therefore use and share any information that we collect from or about consumers of our financial products or services consistent with the disclosures in our Consumer Privacy Notice, posted here. We do not generally maintain personal information about individuals other than in connection with Customer Banking Activities, and therefore consumer disclosure and deletion requests as specifically provided by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) are not applicable.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information: Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review or update certain account information and transactions by logging in to the Services or by contacting us. You can also adjust certain profile and privacy settings as follows:
- Account profile: Your online account profile may provide different options for the type of personal information you can provide as well as the types and methods of communication that you prefer. You may view or update your profile and privacy settings by logging in to your online banking account. You may also review or update account information by visiting one of our branches.
- Emails: In all promotional emails, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request. Please note that even after opting out of promotional emails, we may still send you customer service announcements, administrative notices and Services-related communications (e.g., account notices, transaction confirmations, and security notices).
- Text messages: In the event you are enrolled in any service that provides text messages to you, you can opt-out of receiving text messages from that service by replying “STOP” to any text message received. You will continue to receive text messages from product lines or services from which you have not opted out.
- Mobile devices: As with cookies, mobile devices may allow a user to block certain information requests (e.g., location information), but doing so may diminish your experience with our Services. Mobile device or mobile operating system providers typically provide instructions on how to adjust such privacy features.
We do not provide a financial incentive or a price or service difference to customers in exchange for the retention or sale of their personal information. We may send promotions or offers to customers or other individuals who subscribe to marketing communications, and unless a customer has opted out of such communications, the customer will continue to receive such notices irrespective of whether any information privacy request described here has been submitted. We do not offer financial incentives to deter customers from making such requests. We do not discriminate against any customer for exercising any privacy rights, including those provided by applicable laws.
6. LINKING TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
7. INTERNATIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
There may be very limited circumstances under which we process the personal information of European Union or European Economic Area residents (“Data Subjects”) that is deemed “Personal Data” subject to foreign data protection and privacy laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). In such circumstances, you (the Data Subject) may have the right to request (a) access to your Personal Data we hold about you; (b) request we correct an inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any Personal Data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of Personal Data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of Personal Data we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any Personal Data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such Personal Data transmitted to another company. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Attn: Operations, Pacific Western Bank, 3011 Townsgate Rd., Ste. 200, Westlake Village, CA 91361.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US
9. EFFECTIVE DATE